Deciding between an RV, a cabin and a tent can be as hard as trying to choose a favorite ice cream flavor. For some, it’s a no-brainer but, for the rest of us, it’s a tough call because so many are delicious. Cabin camping, RV camping, and tent camping share similarities but also have marked differences, so how to do you know what you want for your vacation? Our team at S&H Campground has weighed the pros and cons for each option to help you choose the right accommodations for your Indiana camping trip.
- Maximum comfort while traveling: access to electricity, private bathrooms, kitchenette, etc.
- Weather doesn’t have as much of an impact on camping season.
- Plenty of space to accommodate friends and family.
- Plenty of storage space for gear.
- Ability to rent an RV instead of buying.
- Expensive to purchase your own RV.
- Increased road hazards/concerns while driving.
- Storage and maintenance costs can be high.
- Not as “rustic” of an experience.
- A cabin rental offers more shelter than tent camping.
- Basic luxuries like electricity and air conditioning are available.
- Access to furniture and kitchenette.
- Plenty of space for family.
- Not as much gear required.
- Not as “rustic” of an experience as tent camping.
- No private restrooms or running water (public restrooms available).
- More expensive than tent camping.
- The ultimate outdoor experience.
- Variety: you can update your tents as your family grows, or add more gadgets and gear
- Easier to travel in your usual car instead of driving an RV or pulling a camper behind a specialized vehicle.
- Great for short, weekend trips.
- Cheapest option (though you may end up spending more money on gear).
- Uncomfortable sleeping experience. Or, more gear to pack if you’d want a portable bed.
- Close to the downsides of nature: bugs, weather elements, creatures, etc.
- No basic luxuries: electricity, running water, air conditioning.
Luckily for you, once you’ve decided which accommodations are right for you and your family, the hard part is over. Our team at S&H Campground will take care of the rest. Contact us today at (317) 326-3208 for RV Rentals, Cabin Rentals, or ask about our 100 campsites appropriate for campers who prefer to pitch a tent.